Saturday, May 5, 2012

D.I.Y. Hand Towel Bow


In an effort to turn my fabric scraps into something useful and pretty, I whipped up a hand towel bow for my kitchen.   Paper towels aren't the greenest thing in the world so I try to use hand towels in my kitchen and bathroom.   I decided to make the average hand towel a bit cuter so I added a fabric ribbon to the middle and tied it onto a drawer knob.

I used a 20" x 7" inch scrap and cut it into two skinny strips.  However, if you had one long strip, that would work too.   I sewed the strips into tubes, pretty side facing each other.   I used a safety pin to turn the tubes inside out and finished the ends by tucking them in and sewing across the top.  I attached the strips to the middle of the towel and sewed about 4 rows of stitches across.   Tie the bow around a handle and voila, you have a pretty hand towel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment