Saturday, July 7, 2012

super easy vegan

Veggie Roll  $6.25 


In an effort to prevent health problems & also being disgusted by our culture's overuse of animal products,  I have tried for the last 6+ months to make at least 1 meal out of my day vegan.   I usually choose breakfast because you can easily do a PB&J with toast, fruit smoothies, coffee w/ almond milk, etc. You also typically eat breakfast at home so it's easy to avoid menu-depression or people asking why you're trying to lose weight ((rolls eyes)). 

The other meals are not as easy since it seems like 95% of menu items have cheese and/or meat in them.    I'm going to try to post my finds that make the 1+ Vegan Meal Per Day Challenge easier.  At least in my eyes.

The Veggie Roll, or sushi in general is an option I always forget about.  Asian food is great for staying dairy free but it typically has a lot of pork & seafood in the dishes.   Veggie Rolls are almost always available at the grocery store AND they're cheaper than the options including fish.  It's the closest you can get to "fast food" because it's ready to eat, fairly cheap AND pretty much every grocery store carries them now.  Add some Sriracha & soy sauce (unsure if those sauces are vegan actually...)  and you're golden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment